Works within the vision, mission and philosophy of the agency and the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC). Works in close coordination with Program Manager to coordinate drop-in center, prevention services (e.g., school presentations, screening), treatment, and recovery support services for youth and adults at-risk or with substance use disorders and their families are meet in our community.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Outreach and screening
1. Participate and support universal outreach activities to increase awareness of substance use among the target population.
2. Coordinates events and activities which promote engagement.
3. Meet with potential clients to ensure commitment to project participation.
4. Conduct presentations to various target audiences (e.g., schools, community) to increase. awareness of the impact of substance use.
5. Conduct substance use screenings and refer to treatment accordingly.
6. Provide oversight and coordinate activities of the drop-in center.
7. Ensure drop-in center reflects Uplift Family Services’ service principles (e.g., welcoming).
Substance use treatment
1. Implement client intake, screening and assessment procedures.
2. Implement and ensure follow through on each client’s personalized treatment plan.
3. Ensure treatment plans include crisis intervention and community supports.
4. Provide evidence-based outpatient substance use treatment in clinic, community, or school based settings.
5. Coordinate care with other service providers and peer supports.
6. Support facilitation of services within Uplift Family Services programs, particularly with the CCBHC, and between Uplift Family Services/CCBHC and external partners (e.g., schools, agencies with MOUs, etc.)
1. Develop resources for peer and recovery supports and positive youth development.
2. Support Clients in developing WRAP plan.
1. Supports and sponsors programs and regional leadership.
2. Works with Program Manager on fund development.
3. Participates in internal and external multidisciplinary/cross functional teams.
4. Develops and maintains a resource and referral network.
5. Attend organization and departmental staff meetings as required.
6. Coordinate with evaluation team on evaluation requirements.
7. Conduct client follow-up interviews at six (6) months post-discharge.
8. All other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Practices self-care, remains aware that others may be contending with stress, and treats other with grace.
2. Driving to appointments with clients and their families or other key contacts.
3. Physical interactions with children of variable ages such as but not limited to games, sports, and other activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree in social/behavioral sciences or related field required.
• Masters degree and/or LCSW/MFT or CADAC preferred.
• Two (2) years working with youth and/or adults with mental health and/or substance abuse disorders required; Three (3) years preferred.
• Two (2) years in a supervisory role preferred.
• CAADAC or three (3) years experience working with youth and/or adults with Substance Abuse Disorders preferred.
OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and Child Abuse Index Check (CAIC) background clearance.
• Valid California Driver's license with two years experience driving and clean driving record may be required.
Have questions about this position or working at Uplift Family Services? Chat live with one of our recruiters by clicking the link below!
Look for a blue chat window that will pop up on the bottom right hand corner of the page.
SCV-CAMFT P.O. Box 60814, Palo Alto, CA. 94306 email@example.com 408-721-2010