This is a exceptional opportunity for an associate who wants to learn a variety of therapeutic techniques and be trained by experienced licensed supervisors & staff in a proven non-profit agency that has trained registered associates in Santa Clara County for over 39 years.
Almaden Valley Counseling Service in San Jose is seeking interns to join our staff. Some experience in working with families or children is preferred but your enthusiasm, clinical maturity, personality fit, and desire to learn are more important than your exact experience.
Benefits of Working for AVCS:
- - Excellent Training including a full orientation to our services & Support materials provided.
- - Individual & Group Supervision provided to all associates weekly as well as consultation on cases with licensed staff.
- - On staff Supervisors with a variety of experiences, skill sets & theoretical orientations.
- - Ongoing layers of support both in the School Setting & with Clinic Clients.
- - Learn to facilitate Parenting & Co-parenting Classes.
- - Facilitate Groups & Social Skills Training in school setting and clinic.
- - An increasing variety of higher level, complex Clients to expand your skill set.
- - Opportunity to earn hours in ALL BBS Hours categories at one site.
- - Electronic HIPAA compliant Record System for Documentation.
- - Collaborative Learning & Working Environment with up to 40 other associates..
- - Legal Guidance & support from specialists and contract Attorneys.
- - Learn Victim Witness & limited Court Documentation/Response.
- - No Med-I-Cal Paperwork.
- - Over 39 years of working with BBS associates & attention to making every hour count.
- - Participation in a Training Collaborative with Uplift & West Valley College
- - Admin. is composed of Licensed MFT who all were AVCS associates.
- - Clinic Hours offered between 8am to 9pm ~ 7 days per week.
- - Industry standard hourly pay for all Hours Worked.
- - Part-time positions available from 20-38 (clinical) hours per week.
The job is part-time with the opportunity to increase your hours based on performance & growth. AVCS offers an hourly pay for all school, clinic and supervision hours..
Associates should be available to work school day, afternoon and evening hours in order to build a caseload as quickly as possible. Our associates are generally able to see 5-8 clinic clients per week within 6 months if they work these hours. This will start as a one year commitment and will renew until licensure if you are a good fit and your caseload grows. Many of our associates have stayed and subleased after licensure; a perk offered to start up a new practice.
To apply, please email a cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org