Kidango is hiring a licensed MFT for a clinical supervisor. The Clinical Supervisor holds clinical and administrative responsibilities within the Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation (ECMHC) program. The Clinical Supervisor provides and supports the provision of early childhood mental health consultation within Kidango early care and education centers across three Bay Area counties. The position includes providing reflection-based clinical supervision to a team of licensed and other eligible ECMHC consultants. The clinical supervisor must:
- Have at least 3 years of direct clinical service providing early childhood mental health assessment, diagnosis and treatment to children and families ages birth to 5 required.
- Practice from a bio-psycho-social clinical approach, inclusive of ecological, attachment, trauma, neuroscience and developmental theories and rooted in infant mental health philosophy and principles.
- Endorsement as an infant/family early childhood mental health specialists/reflective practice facilitator or reflective mentor highly preferred.
- Documented education or training in infant mental health, early childhood mental health and early childhood development including evidence-based, trauma-informed models (i.e. Child Parent Psychotherapy).
- Familiarity with school-based mental health consultation in early care and education settings such as Early Head Start, Head Start, and state-preschool programs.
- Demonstrate understanding of early childhood mental health consultation as building the mental health capacities of teachers, staff, families and others who care for young children and utilize the principles of the consultative stance in the oversight and implementation of the program.
- Demonstrate the value of self-reflection and practice the examining of one’s own values, beliefs, assumptions, biases and experiences and how influence what bring to the consultative work, relationships and interactions. Ability to assist others in self-reflection and perspective-taking.
For more information, please contact Camille Hernandez at (510) 897-6956. Apply at https://www.kidango.org/careers/.