Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Director of Counseling Services. The Director of Counseling Services oversees intern training and also directs staff engaged in providing counseling services. Responsible for supervision and management of all agency counseling services including the evaluation and quality of training and counseling services provided by staff and interns as well as contract goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinate with agency Training Manager for counseling services department training program for clinical staff and ensuring compliance with training requirements of contracts, grants and agency training policy
· Coordinates counseling center with school and community services
· Analyzes counseling and guidance procedures and techniques to improve quality of service
· Addresses community groups and faculty members to interpret counseling services
· Completes annual quality control report and other reports as required
· Provides crisis and clinical consultation to all programs
· Coordinate implementation of follow-up surveys and assess outcomes
- Provide co-therapy as appropriate to model supervision techniques
· Review client files for quality control
· Participates in appraising qualifications of candidates for agency counseling positions and eligibility of students for admission to intern program
- · Coordinates supervision of interns and staff in compliance with BBSE and Behavioral Health regulations
- · Markets and develops relationships with local universities to recruit interns (fairs, meeting with Professors, etc)
- · Manages contracts applicable to programs including outcome and output measures
- · Develop tracking system for service delivery hours of Interns parallel to BH productivity standards
- · Supervises quality and timeliness of BH treatment plans, narratives, MH assessments, CANS, progress notes and productivity of assigned staff and interns
- · Will coordinate and/or manage clinicians providing services to Medi-Cal clients
- · Develop and execute supervision plan in accordance with university standards
· Provide day-to-day support for staff. Meet with staff regularly to review accomplishments, needs, questions, etc. Help staff grow in their positions.
· Conduct initial 6-month reviews for new hires and annual performance reviews for staff
· Approve financial requests for staff (i.e., mileage or reimbursement requests) and approve PTO requests
· Disciplinary/Corrective actions for staff if needed. Bring any serious performance concerns to the attention of Human Resources.
· Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manger or Facilities Manager immediately.
· Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
· Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and initiatives
· Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
· Other duties as may be assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
Master’s Degree in Counseling or related field, Licensed MFT or LCSW & 5 years related field experience. 2 years post licensure with ability to provide clinical supervision (or ability to do so within 6 months of hire). Experience working with culturally diverse families required. Experience supervising staff required. Bilingual communication skills highly desired and preferred. Current CPR and First Aid Certification required (or complete within 30 days of hire). Valid California driver’s license with access to a personal vehicle with current insurance that can be used for company business. Fingerprinting/background check as required by the Department of Justice and/or Title XXII regulations. TB test required.
Depending on experience. Benefits include employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program as well as access to Flexible Spending Account for Health and Dependent Care and Commuter Benefits, Voluntary Short Term Disability, Supplemental Life Insurance, Voluntary Accident Insurance and Retirement Plan with discretionary Employer Contribution. We also have a generous Personal Time Off (PTO) Plan and Paid Holidays. In addition, we offer extensive training, mileage reimbursement, cell phone stipend, staff Wellness Program/Activities and much more!
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to and be sure to reference the position name in the subject line and/or cover letter:
BILL WILSON CENTER
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Bill Wilson Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.