The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley in Saratoga is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic registered intern to join our CBT Center. We are seeking a pre-licensed therapist with a strong interest in learning how to practice adherent, evidence-based CBT for anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorders. The ideal candidate will have some training and experience with evidence-based therapies such as CBT, ACT and/or DBT and a strong desire to learn and grow.
About the CBT Center:
The Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Silicon Valley specializes in evidence-based therapy for adults, children and teens with anxiety disorders, OCD and obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders and related issues. The CBT Center is unique in being the only CBT-focused group practice in the South Bay focused solely on evidence-based therapy for anxiety and OCD. We are a busy, growing practice with a steady flow of referrals located in Saratoga, CA. The average client is seeking CBT-oriented therapy for a specific problem and is motivated to get better. We currently employ five (5) licensed therapists, two (2) interns, and an administrative assistant. Three of our licensed therapists are certified by the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. Our therapists share the common values of compassion and caring for our clients with a strong desire to help our clients make positive changes in their lives. We encourage learning and development and offer a supportive, collaborative work environment. In addition to our Silicon Valley office in Saratoga, we have a second office in Roseville about 20 miles east of Sacramento. You can visit our website at http://CognitiveBehaviorTherapyCenter.com to learn more about us.
- Provide individual and group therapy with a practical, goal-oriented, collaborative focus to help clients make positive changes in their lives.
- Conduct assessment sessions to evaluate and conceptualize client problems, obtain a diagnosis and develop treatment goals and plans.
- Establish and maintain rapport and a strong therapeutic alliance while motivating clients to be actively engaged in therapy and to complete homework assignments.
- Provide case management services (such as coordination of care and consultation with family members, schools, doctors and other providers).
- Maintain psychotherapy notes, treatment plans and case records consistent with ethical and legal standards of care.
- Track therapy results using brief surveys and other empirically-valid measurement tools.
- Keep up-to-date on the research, evidence-based treatments and best practices for the problems treated at the CBT Center.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly supervision and monthly training meetings as scheduled.
- Perform other tasks as needed in order to deliver a high quality of client care and services.
- Perform other tasks as needed to further the mission of the CBT Center.
- Strong desire and interest in learning and working from an evidence-based cognitive-behavioral orientation to maximize therapy results.
- Some training and experience with anxiety disorders and obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders.
- Some experience and training in cognitive-behavioral orientations such as cognitive therapy, behavior therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, mindfulness and/or acceptance and commitment therapy.
- All applicants must be registered in the State of California and in good standing with the Board and be a Registered Intern: Marriage and Family Therapist Intern (MFT Intern) or Professional Clinical Counselor Intern (PCCI).
- Individuals who would be a good fit with the CBT Center's culture will display a positive attitude, energy and enthusiasm for evidence-based therapy, honesty and integrity, flexibility, teamwork, a passion for learning and professional growth, a strong desire to provide high quality clinical services and build strong client relationships, and have a collaborative and friendly style.
The job is part-time with the opportunity to increase your hours based on performance and the growth of the CBT Center. Unlike many other internships that only pay you for seeing clients, at the CBT Center, you will be compensated on an hourly basis for new client intakes, client sessions, administrative work, case management, staff meetings, clinical supervision, required training meetings and special tasks/projects (as needed).
Interns should be available to work afternoon and evening hours until 8 pm on at least 3 weekdays and all day Saturdays in order to build a caseload as quickly as possible. Our interns are generally able to see 15-20 clients per week within 6 months if they work these hours.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and answers to the questions below to email@example.com.
1) Describe your experience and training with cognitive behavior therapy for anxiety and/or OCD.
2) Describe a case you have treated with CBT including the cognitive case conceptualization, treatment goals, treatment strategies, and how you evaluated progress.
3) What are your short and long term career goals?
4) Where do you currently work and what days and hours do you work at this job?
5) What days and hours are you available to work at the CBT Center?
6) Why do you want to work at the CBT Center?
7) What is your intern registration number and how many hours have you earned toward licensure?
Please be complete in your application in order to be considered. Due to the volume of responses, we can only reply to candidates we are interested in.