Palo Alto Therapy is Hiring!
Palo Alto Therapy (now in San Jose and Palo Alto) is a growing, high-end counseling center that is dedicated to providing quality mental & behavioral health services to those who are struggling with anxiety and depression problems. We also focus on providing excellent support and training to our therapists. We specialize in helping our clients (children through adults) overcome panic, social anxiety, worry, OCD, depression, among many other emotional difficulties, using evidence based therapy, with a focus on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Licensed therapist (LCSW, LMFT, PhD, PsyD) needed, part-time or full time (2 evenings a week and a full day-Saturdays required). Your time will be mostly in San Jose with one meeting a week in our Palo Alto office.
Our Ideal Applicant...
Experience (or strong motivation to learn) providing evidenced based and cognitive behavioral psychotherapy/counseling to children/teens/parents/couples and adults with anxiety and depression problems and a solid understanding of these methods.
Willingness & motivation to stay on top of the latest research and evidence based methods through regular training.
Would like to develop a career with Palo Alto Therapy and who is passionate about providing exceptional therapy to high functioning clients in a supportive, kind, and honest manner.
Great Opportunity with Palo Alto Therapy...
- Excellent, motivated, and friendly clients
- Supportive, multidisciplinary, high achieving, fun, and professional team of therapists
- Independent working environment with limited meetings and business duties
- Amazing support staff
- Make positive changes and develop various programs of interest
- Regular consultation, training, and support with certified cognitive therapist and founder of Palo Alto Therapy
And we've created an environment where the lion's share of your time is spent doing exactly what you love. . . THERAPY!
Compensation ranges from $50-$95 an hour depending on experience and training.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter, resume, and your answers to the following questions to Ernest Schmidt at Palo Alto Therapy by replying to this post or through our website, or at email@example.com.
Supplemental Questions (Required):
- Explain what draws you to using CBT or other evidence based methods?
- What training do you have in CBT? Specific books you have read? If somewhat limited, describe your motivation/willingness to pursue this.
- Describe how you would work with someone with panic attacks, social anxiety or OCD (you choose and specify which disorder) and your experience helping clients in this area, if you have limited experience in this area, please discuss your approach with clients who have depression or anxiety problems.
- What interests you in working with Palo Alto Therapy? What are your career goals?
- What age groups do you have experience working with and would like to work with if hired?
- What days and hours are you available to work?
- What are your hourly salary requirements? You must specify a dollar amount or an hourly range to be considered.
Depending on the interest and amount of applications, not everyone will receive a response.
For further details about Palo Alto Therapy visit our website at www.PaloAltoTherapy.com.