Join CAMFT Executive Director, Joy Alafia, CAE for an understanding about events, legislation, and internal association processes that are currently impacting CAMFT members.
This is a CAMFT sponsored live streaming event. A recording will be available for viewing for 21 days afterward for anyone who can't attend the live streaming event.
Designed for Mental Health Professionals, this presentation will discuss general CAMFT issues and the importance of a Professional Will. There will also be updates from BBS, as well as California and Federal legislative updates. Finally, discussion on why it is important to avail yourself of the Legal Consultation service CAMFT provides. There will be ample time for Q&A.
- Participants will be able to:
- Recall at least 3 recent/pending legislations and how marriage and family therapists may be impacted by the bills
- Identify 1 resource for legal consultation for therapists
- Identify important components of a Professional Will
- CAMFT Updates (15 minutes – no CEUs given)
- CAMFT & COVID-19
- Executive Director’s Background
- Live Education Events
- On Demand Learning Library
- CAMFT Leadership Conference
- Ethics Revision 2019
- Pre-Licensee Information
- CAMFT PAC
- Secrets to CAMFT’s Success
- Volunteer with CAMFT
- Demographic Survey
- Professional Will (10 min)
- BBS Updates (15 min)
- Topics of Interest Federal Level (10 min)
- Veterans Affairs State Level (15 min)
- 2019 California Advocacy
- 2020 California Advocacy
- Health Care Plans
- Legal Resources (15 min)
- Why call CAMFT for legal consultation
- Questions? (25 min)
About the Presenter
Joy Alafia, CAE brings more than 17 years of association leadership experience to her new position. She begins her new role at CAMFT after her tenure as the President and CEO of the Western Propane Gas Association (WPGA), where she has advocated for renewable propane and equitable access for alternative sources of clean energy. Joy has spoken around the world about the importance of sustainable energy and is credited with transforming the propane industry’s focus and shifting its priorities to the commercialization of net zero-carbon energy solutions. Prior to her work at WPGA, she served as the Director of Business Products for the California Association of Realtors®, where she created innovative partnerships and business solutions for industry practitioners.
Course meets the qualifications for 1.5 hour of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. RRC CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. RRC CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Event Policy Information