Annual Summer Workshop!
A Webinar by Dr. Marty Klein, LMFT
This 6-hour online workshop will meet in two consecutive morning sessions (with mid-session breaks). We'll look at the structure of couples therapy, and explore common issues like power struggles, hostile labelling, victim-blame cycles, and broken agreements. Marty will present practical interventions that therapists of all theoretical orientations can use immediately--and encourage attendees to think more powerfully about creating their own. Given our current situation, Marty will also discuss ways to manage the special challenges of video sessions.
Attendees will earn 6 CEUs.
May 29, 2020 10:00 AM-1:15PM
May 30, 2020 10:00 AM-1:15PM
Technical Help with Webinar
The goal of this program is for participants to acquire new perspectives on couples’ dynamics and new interventions for dealing effectively with these dynamics—with an eye toward the similarities and differences between video sessions and in-person sessions.
- Describe the relationship between low self-esteem and limited capacity for empathy.
- List three reasons that cases involving infidelity require self-discipline from each partner.
- List three ways in which cybersex can be more gratifying than in-person partner sex.
- Identify the elements of the “policy discussion vs. feelings discussion” model, and how it can quickly reduce couples’ conflict.
- Describe a way to get couples to engage in conflict as partners rather than adversaries.
- Name three ways to help couples change the negative impacts of smartphones and mobile devices on their closeness.
About The Presenter
Dr. Marty Klein has been an MFT and Certified Sex Therapist working with men, women, and couples for 39 years. Marty is the award-winning author of seven books on sexuality and relationships, including the ground-breaking Sexual Intelligence. Psychology Today simply says “To improve your sex life, buy this book.” Dan Savage says Marty's current book on pornography “makes me feel sane.”
Marty appears frequently in the popular media, such as The New York Times and The New Yorker, National Public Radio and The Daily Show. He recently gave two Congressional briefings on evidence-based sex education. Marty’s Sexual Intelligence blog and e-newsletter are frequently cited as sources of innovative thinking about sexuality, culture, politics, and the media.
Each year Marty trains thousands of professionals across the US, Europe, and Asia. He has been an invited Master Presenter at nine state CAMFT conferences. Audiences consistently call his talks thought-provoking, practical, and entertaining. https://www.martyklein.com
This is a 6 CEU presentation.
TARGET AUDIENCE: LCSW, LMFT, LPCC
SCV-CAMFT is a CAMFT-approved Continuing Education Provider (CEPA 052466). This course meets the qualifications of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs and/or LCSWs. SCV-CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Event Policy Information